Thursday 20 September 2012

Andeline Williams-Pretorius - PR Consultant

I would like to officially introduce myself to you as PR Consultant.  Since I started to present my programme on Expert Positioning, titled: Grow Your Personal Brand Or Business By Getting Great Publicity, in February this year, I had no idea that things would escalate to where they are now.

Click this link or copy into your browser, to read my article about what I focus on when presenting my public seminar.  The good news is that I am adding even more options, to ensure that I give you the best I can.  http://ezinearticles.com/?Nine-Options-To-Grow-Your-Personal-Brand-or-Business-By-Getting-Great-Publicity&id=7203618

One thing that nobody can argue with, is the fact that it is very important today for everybody in business, to know how to sell ourselves, how to sell more and how to position ourselves in such a way that we are able to stand out from the crowd.  


Who should participate in my programme
I recommend my programme to every small business owner, every individual or professional who would like to position themselves as an expert in their field AND to every new graduate.  Too many new graduates are struggling to find employment in the field of their particular qualification.  It is sad to see that some even become domestic workers, while waiting for that illusive dream job. We also have the reality of affirmative action, but a go-getting attitude, nobody would be able to ignore you.

It is important that we know how to re-invent ourselves.  It is important to know how else you can survive when economic- or employment conditions are not in our favour.


Constant improvement After every public seminar that I hosted so far, I asked myself: "How do I do better next time?"  This made me take time to evaluate and improve where necessary.

I like this quote by Richard Branson, where he says that "what he knows about business, he didn't learn in business school."  In fact, he didn't go to business school.

I can relate to that, because with so many things that I have mastered in my life, I have done so by trial and error, getting up after every fall, trying again, getting it wrong and then eventually getting it right.  The same goes for this programme and for my other programmes.  

I started to develop training programmes, after overcoming severe low self-esteem.  I started working with school learners and with in-mates.  This made me realise that what I was doing, could be better.

I received great feedback for my work from professionals, but also encountered those who asked: "How dare you know how to do this when you do not have a qualification in Social work or Psychology?"  
Those were tough times, but I quietly continued.  I later decided to study, because of my passion for the helping profession and to minimise such questions.  I graduated on 23 April this year. It was a big moment for me.

There were also positive encouragement.  I remember that I was in my 2nd. year of studying, when I discussed the detail of my programme: The Art Of Letting Go of emotional pain and prolonged anger, with one of my Psychology Professors.  

He said to me: 
"Andeline, you are extremely talented - to experience the severe pain you've experienced, to find a way to work through it and to then create a programme that you present and guide others through..."  

And today I dream of one day contribution to Psychology, like the Sigmund Freud's, the Ivan Pavlov's and the Skinner's of the past.



My journey with the media started in my hometown: George.  My passion has always been to do upliftment work.  I started out, not doing it to get publicity, but soon the local newspaper caught on.  And I managed to get wonderful publicity almost every other week.

Later when my husband and I moved to Gauteng, I was afraid of the big city.  I remember that before we moved, one of my friend's who was still trying to convince me that moving to Gauteng, was a bad idea, said to me: "Andeline, you have done and accomplished so much here in George, and now you are giving all that up to just be nothing in Gauteng, having to start all over."

I said to her: "Well, I am afraid, but maybe I could grow even more in Gauteng."

Deciding to take the plunge and putting myself out there, was a powerful lesson and experience in Emotional Intelligence, all on it's own. 

And by the grace of God, with perseverance and hard work, things started to happen.


A blessing to be Kuier Coach

Today I am very proud of being known as resident Life Coach for Kuier Magazine...

Let me know what challenges you are struggling with and I may be focusing on your challenge next time.  Send a text message: "Kuier Coach and your suggestion to 32113 or send and email to Kuier@Kuierinstyl.co.za with Kuier Coach in the subject line.  Text messages are charged at R1, 00 per message.





A blessing to be Empathy and Relationship Expert on RSG, every Tuesday, somewhere between 09h00 & 10h00.  This came as a result of my book on Empathy: In Mekaar Se Skoene, that was published by Naledi.

Get your copy for only R159, 00 + postage.  Contact me for more information: info@andeline.co.za  or on my mobile: 072 856 0218.

You can also let us know what your empathy or relationship challenge is and I may focus on your challenge next time.

Areas include: better communication, tolerance, relationships in the work place, in-laws, siblings, etc. 

Send a text message to the studio on week days, between 09h00 & 12h00 - to 33343.  Text messages are charged at R1, 50 per text message.  You can also send an email to brinkm@sabc.co.za  




A blessing to have been on SAFM a number of times.

As a PR Consultant, I often look back at my journey and see that I got to where I am with kindness, by treating people with respect and dignity - in the way that I would like to be treated.  This is the number one thing that I can point out.




So, if you would like me to become your PR consultant or manager, I am going to ask you to respect my contacts in the media.

I have a few rules that you would need to abide by.  These include:

1. Respect, Respect, Respect.

2. NEVER think you have arrived and give journalists the run around.  They won't be impressed and won't be eager to have you back, and I'm going to be embarrassed about that.

3. The only time to make contact with the journalist, producer, presenter or editor after I have introduced you, is when they make contact with you.

4.  DO NOT share the contact details of the journalist, producer, presenter or editor with all your friends or contacts.

If you do, I won't be very happy and maybe I'll also say goodbye to you.


There are more rules; some I decided on after things happened, therefore I now have a contract that you have to sign to confirm that you'll abide by my rules.  These rules are basically just about common courtesy, nothing too serious, but we have to start off on the right foot.  

I think that you'll understand and agree that I cannot allow my relationship with the media to be damaged, because of something someone else does.


MY CURRENT FEE STRUCTURE FOR INDIVIDUALS  

Please note: Prices are subject to increase without prior notification.

Putting together a proposal takes a lot of time and thinking, because I have too see what you are about, unravel you and then come up with the best way in which to "sell" you.  I also focus on how you should prepare to make sure that you are doing your best during your interview.

This is basically what you are paying for.

MY fee is R3000, 00.  

You pay a deposit of R500, 00.  

For this deposit, you receive my training manual with valuable information that will guide you on your journey: Grow Your Personal Brand or Business By Getting Great Publicity.  This will be mailed to you.

The balance is payable, after your interview or publicity received in the printed media.

If interested, send me an email to: info@andeline.co.za  

I'll respond by sending you the contract with terms and conditions that you are required to sign, fax or email back to me, before I start working with you.


A FEW SUCCESS STORIES
1. I secured an interview on SAFM for three clients. One interview was done in March, the other last week.  The next interview will be done in October.

2. I secured an hour long interview for a client on RSG, that will take place on 02 October 2012.  More details about the interview to follow shortly.  This client is also the one who asked me to represent him as a Speaker.  

3. I secured a magazine profile (in Get It magazine) for a client in the August issue of this year.


MORE PUBLICITY


See below for a snippet of more of the publicity that I was blessed with.  Rooi Rose, May 2010.






AN ARTICLE THAT I WROTE FOR BY, (Beeld) - January 2011




ROODEPOORT NORTHSIDER  - 08 July 2011.  This newspaper has been very good to me.





LIG Magazine, July 2012 (I contributed my expert opinion)



VROUE KEUR, 22 June 2012 (I contributed my expert opinion)



A PROMINENT PSYCHOLOGIST:  DR. Hermann Liebenberg, refers to my book on Empathy (inside the yellow circle), in his regular column in Vrouekeur magazine, 24 February 2012.   

Indeed a huge compliment and honour.  Thank you, Dr. Liebenberg.



Contact me if you have any enquiries: 

Andeline Williams-Pretorius

Email: info@andeline.co.za  OR on my Mobile: 072 856 0218
If you want to learn how you could go about finding great publicity for yourself, book your seat to attend my next public seminar on Expert Positioning: Grow Your Personal Brand Or Business By Getting Great Publicity.



MY UPCOMING EVENT

Remember to book your seat to my upcoming event: The Wellness & Networking Event For Women, on 16 October 2012, at the beautiful Alice Art Gallery in Ruimsig.  Cost to attend, only R250, 00.  

See previous blog entries (on the right), for more information about the event, our speakers (experts) and prizes up for grabs.

Thank you and best wishes.

Andeline.


2 comments:

  1. Andeline Williams Pretorius is an accomplished PR professional. Impressed by her expertise and achievements showcased in this article.!!Public Relations Consultant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. Get more information from Content Marketing Agency.

    ReplyDelete